Grachev Russian Silver Enamel Case 1900
A Russian gilded silver, cloisonné, and guilloché enamel cigarette case
by Grachev Brothers, St. Petersburg
The case is rectangular in shape, and features a geometric floral forget-me-not design on its exterior, made from cloisonne enamel on silver gilt.
The interior of the box is silver gilt and the exterior of the lid features a makers mark, a cyrillic monogram reading ‘Grachev / AP’, marks for St Petersburg, the 84 standard mark and the double headed eagle signifying that the Grachev brothers were suppliers to the Russian court.
Antique Russian Silver Enamel Cigarette Case.
- Artist / Maker Grachev Brothers of St. Petersburg Russia (founded in 1866)
- Country of Origin Russian
- Date of Manufacture Late 19th Century
- Period Late 19th Century
- Hallmarked/Monogram: Makers mark.
- Measurement: 2 1/2″ Height x 4.25″ x 7/8″.
- Style Royal / Monarchy, Russian Interest
- Materials Enamel – Cloisonné, Silver-gilt, Turquoise stones
- Condition: In good condition, Consistent with age and wear as seen in images.
- Total Weight: 155 grams